It wasn't ALL work and no play for the in-laws during their visit. Jim and I finally had a couple of days off together so we packed up the family and headed off to Yosemite for a few days. It was such an awesome trip that I could bore you to tears with my blabbering self, however, I think I'll let the pictures do the talking.
On our drive in, the site of El Capitan was breathtaking. Jim' s dad kept saying....."I can't believe people actually climb that thing". Yeah, there are some real nutjobs out there! :-)
Hiking to the top of that granite giant is my next challenge once my little munchkin is weaned.
Now how cute is this??
On our way to the big trees, we stopped for a little horse drawn stage ride at the 2nd oldest hotel in CA, the Wanona - which is right in the park.
Our next stop was Mariposa Grove, the biggest grove of large sequoiah in the park. WAY COOL!!
While in Mariposa Grove, Kaitlin and I made a great connection. Granted, maybe she was mesmerized by my nasty and disgusting double chin and no make-up look but oh well.
This is the tunnel tree......people used to be able to drive their cars through this tree.
Back at the rental house, this was one of my favorite moments caught on film. Are those 2 peas of the same pod or what?
Our last day was in complete contrast to the beautiful sunny day we had before. It was cold, foggy and casted a very "misty mountain" look. To be honest, I would have a hard time choosing which day I enjoyed better. They were both breathtaking in their own light and gave such an awesome contrast to the trip.
My smiley Kaitlin as we started our hike up to Bridalveil Falls. There was just a trickle left from last years snowmelt but it was still very cool to see!
This is Jim showing off
On our way back home, we stopped off for some "Kaitlin/Boob" break and decided to let Kellyn stretch her legs at the Burger King playground off the exit. Granted, those places are children cesspools of nasty crud, but she just loooooves to slide so we couldn't resist! She'll have an iron-clad immune system when she gets older, that's for sure!
Dad (a.k.a. Superman) coming down the slide after his daughter. Hard to tell who was having more fun!
Yes, my old dilapitated body got in that germ box with my baby girl for some mommy/daughter fun!

4 comments:
That first photo: you all seriously look like you are standing in front of a studio backdrop. How gorgeous is that!!
Please take me there when my three kids and I come for a visit.
Glad you all had a such a nice visit with the inlaws!
Get your butts out here and we'll go!! Anything it takes to get you guys out for a visit.......ALL of you!! :-)
It truly is unbelievable gorgeous. And as fake as it looked in the picture.....it even looked MORE fake in person.
Glad I'm not the only one who corrupts kids with a slot machine.
Great pictures and a beautiful family you have, Cheryl. Love you!
Thanks Momma Peggy! I may be biased, but I agree!! :-)
Post a Comment