Sunday, September 9, 2007

So Sad....

Did anyone watch Britney Spears "comeback" on the MTV's awards show tonight? I don't know what to say about that. I didn't initially watch it (it's not like I'm a fan at all) but I was reading the headlines on yahoo.com regarding her performance and it sparked interest. So....I went to mtv.com and watched it myself.

Literally, just speechless. First of all, I have to give her a hands up for getting on stage in a black bra and underwear after having 2 kids....I know I would never do that.......but then again, I wouldn't have done that BEFORE kids so I guess that doesn't really matter. And I'm not quite sure she should have done it either. But that's besides the point.

She's a performer (notice, I didn't use the word "artist" or "singer") and yet she did a lousy job even looking awake on the stage. I think I could have gotten more movement out of a broomstick. Not to mention, if you are going to pretend to sing......at least TRY to pretend!!

It was just sad, I'm not quite sure what I was expecting.....but it was just sad! Did I say that already??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw it on my TV, it was on mute while I was giving the kids a bath and I thought it was a practice "behind the scenes", but no, that was the performance. I think she looks better then the critics are saying, I wish I had a "beer belly" like that.

angela | the painted house said...

Yeah, I was a little annoyed about everyone talking about her "paunch". Granted, she probably should have covered up a little--she is a mother of two boys...and I'm no Britney Defender, but really the attack on her body is just cruel. Otherwise, she deserves every other criticism.