Saturday, September 29, 2007

Abolutely HILARIOUS website!!

After many tears (good ones) and totally crying my makeup off from laughing so hard, I feel compelled to share with you one of my new favorite websites. Granted, it's my kind of humor (dry, sarcastic, etc...) so you may not find the pure joy in it as I do but give it a try.....you may find yourself in the same type of "silent" and uncontrollable giggle that I did tonight. (especially you Angela - this TOTALLY made me think of you)

http://www.lileks.com/ (see below)

I haven't fully explored the ENTIRE website yet (oh, but I will) but you HAVE to scroll down to the 2nd section called "The institute of Official Cheer" and then click on "Gallergy of regrettable food" (or just click here http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html) and then click on "MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!". Once there, you will start to see what I'm talking about. Just be sure to use the "next" button at the bottom of the screen to see all of the postings in that section.

And make sure you have a tissue nearby to wipe the tears!! :-)

I'm laughing just writing this post. And it's deep down belly laughing too......it's been too long!

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

You are right...I love it! I have a few of those recipe books and I have spent literally hours reading the recipes and looking a pictures in horrific awe. It fascinates me so much and informs my recent art!

I actually thought some of the photos in the Interior Desacrations were pretty cool. Loved the hilarious commentary. Where did you find this site...and when do you have time to look!? :)

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

So funny, I was just looking through that section last night and of course, thought of you!!

A co-worker of mine turned me onto that site. Never did he realize what a monster he was unleashing!!

And speaking of "spare time"...look who's talking?? :-)