Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sis hit the road this morning after a yummy breakfast and a quick peak at one of our towns "cool sites".
Kellyn and I drove them to the Foresthill Bridge which spans 730+ feet above the water and is the tallest bridge in CA and the 3rd tallest in the US.
We were brave enough to even walk out to the middle of it, and I have to say, that was an eerie feeling. This coming from someone who's not afraid of heights. EEKS!!
Later in the afternoon (after naps), Lisa and I ventured to one of our local churches for a little kids program they were having that involved a bunch of wild animals. Besides being really hot, it was awesome and Kellyn did SUCH an awesome job at sitting still with her 2 big cousins at the front of the group while all the crazy animals came out. Afterwards, they let us touch them all (except the baboons) and she was all over that. Made me so proud!
However, I'm kindof bummed....mainly b/c I was unable to get to my camera during the entire afternoon and there were some moments I would just love to have on print. One in particular was when we got to the church, Mr.Tryg came over to lend me a helpful hand of unloading the 2 girls. While I got Kaitlin, he unsnapped Kellyn out of her carseat and proceeded to help her out of the car. On our little walk to the church, Matt got on one side and Tryg on the other....holding Kellyn's hands. It brought tears to my eyes as I walked behind looking at such comraderie and innocence. Just when you think you have a firm belief on what pure love feals like......a child can really teach you a lesson. I'm hoping that writing this down will help me in the future to remember the precious site of these 3 children that I love so dearly!!

No comments:
Post a Comment