Saturday, September 15, 2007

Whew.....

....what a weekend! And it's not even over yet. Wow. First of all, the weather has been absolutely perfect. Thank goodness the dreadful triple digits of summer are behind us (hopefully).


Poor Jim and Beverly were barely able to get over the jet lag before we got them up and running. Starting out on Friday.......dragging them to the the fabulous local animal sanctuary.



After looking at all the animals, we took a little train ride on the mini steam engine. Kellyn didn't know what to think of it at first, but tucked safely in dads arms, she warmed up to it and ended up enjoying the ride.














We rewarded her being so good, by stopping by the park on the way out so she could swing and slide her way to delerium. As soon as she saw the park she started sqeeling "weeeee". How can one resisit??



What I didn't realize is that we were really taking the "other kids" to the park. "Other" meaning Jim and his dad! I've always said I have 3 kids and now I know where he gets it.










Kellyn was lucky to get any playtime with Jim and his Dad monopolizing all the equiptment. Young at heart, that's for sure.











Jim and I gave our girl the famous "Kellyn Sandwhich" before I had to head off to work.











The girls watching cartoons in our bed this morning. Kellyn felt the need to hold Kaitlins hand the whole time. Such a sweet big sister!













Today, we stayed in motion by heading down to the Bay. We started off at the Golden Gate Bridge where we drugged up Beverly and convincer her to walk accross the bridge.








She's such a trooper and put her MASSIVE fear of heights on the shelf and joined us for the sake of "togetherness". Granted, you could sense the tension the entire walk and she definately stayed on the side of the sidewalk farthest from the railing. I'm so pround of her though, she's come a long way since I first met her. Until we got married, she had never even been on an airplane. You can imagine her excitement when she found out we were moving accross the country. Luckily, she conquered her fear of flying and now she's quite the little adventurer! Next thing you know, she'll be skydiving!! Ok.......maybe that's a little big aggressive but you never know! :-)




While on the Golden Gate Bridge.....with SF and the Bay Bridge in the background.











Afterwards, we headed down to Fisherman's Wharf for some lunch and typical San Francisco pedestrian watching. That is such an interesting town but I love it. The street performers are unreal, truly so talented.






We can never get enough of the "resident sea lions" at Pier 39. Talk about soaking in the sun, their big blubbery bodies would just crash on the pier....made us wonder if they were still breathing!










Kellyn getting hoisted in the air (one of her favorite things to do) with Alcatraz in the background. I just love how her fine white blonde hair blows in the wind.












We all crashed on the drive home......except for our driver of course. Poor Jim, had to drive with a car full of sleeping drones, and he's the one that has to work all night tonight!! EEKS!! I offered to drive......oh well!












Now, what will tomorrow have in store???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love SFO, such great history. I've been there a couple of times for work and for pleasure and I love it every time. Brian and I have some very funny stories from out trip to SFO.

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Randee.......you always have funny stories!! I would love to hear some, if they can be said over the internet. No telling with you! :-) Next time you are in the city, you better give us a call!!!

Natalie said...

Love that little train! Those girls are going to be best friends!

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you are having so much fun with the g'parents. Looks like you are showing them a good time!

Did you see the bush man at Fisherman's Wharf?

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Angela, You know what's so funny? They Bush guy was actually "on his way to work" as we were heading back to our car. I first asked, what's that guy doing walking down the street with a bunch of branches......then is hit me........it's the bush guy. What a freak! :-)