We all have weaknesses right? Perhaps the best thing to do is not talk about them, pretend they don't exist and continue working to try and eliminate them before anyone finds out. However, some will just never go away....no matter how hard you try, they'll sneak back into your life and consume you.
Well, for me...that weakness is reality TV. Yes I'm ashamed. Yes I feel vulnerable telling you all this but why hide it any longer. I just need to face facts, my obsession is here to stay....so why not share my joys with everyone else.
And one of my greatest joys happened last night on the season opener of The Bachelor. For some reason.....this show has the most appeal to me. When I sit back and look at it, I think "how dumb, vague and empty this entire concept is". But my fingers just can't help gravitating towards those channels. And now that we have Tivo.......I'm having to go that EXTRA step of actually setting it up to record. Which I did. And boy, am I soooooooo glad I did!
First of all, this seasons Bachelor is actually pretty cute and APPEARS to be a pretty grounded guy. But don't they all? So last night was his first episode.....the one where the cattledrive of women pile into the house like starving wolves and he's the big slab of meat. They do ANYTHING for his attention in hopes of getting a rose at the end of the night. It's quite pathetic but SOOO very funny from my couch!
I hate to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it but I'm thinking if you didn't record it and watch it already then you most likely are not a fan (you're better off). But I have to say, there were a couple of moments last night that I was literally ROLLING on the floor with laughter.
There's always that ONE girl that has a little TOO much champagne (and they all weigh like 80 lbs so that's a bad mix) and does something crazy funny. While some of the girls were sitting on some couches talking, one looked down onto the floor and found what appeared to be a prosthetic boob. Oh yeah, you heard me right. A prosthetic boob. So here is this drunk girl, looking a little "uneven" walking around the house asking if anyone had seen her boob.....she had apparently LOST her boob!! SO FUNNY!
Then, while all THAT was happening, one of the other girls had stolen this poor bachelor so she could try and convince him she was worth getting a rose. Well, she did this by plopping her nasty old feet up onto the table and showing him her webbed toes!!!!!!!! YES!!!! HER WEBBED TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did she really think this was an attractive move? When the bachelor was talking about it to the host at the end of the show he started laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes and couldn't finish his interview. I was barrelled over on the floor!!!!
WHY????????? Surprisingly, neither one of those girls ended up with a rose at the end of the night! SHOCKER!
I think they should rename the show "The saga of the missing boob and the webbed feet"
That would guarantee ratings!!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
My confession
Posted by
Cheryl the Hagmeister
at
11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Now that I would like to see... Just tell me that you don't watch that stupid show with Drew Carey, the power of ten,or something like that.
Now that I'm breastfeeding and we have cable now, I have resumed my love affair with Jon Stewart. Oh, yes, sweet love.
Cheryl, I love that show, too! And my main reason for watching is not that I'm a hopeless romantic, but because women can be so stupid. I, too, laugh at their antics and the tears when they have to leave the show and the man they "love" after barely getting to know him. It's hilarious.
Perhaps I learned more from "Momma Peggy" than I realized! ;-)
And no, I don't watch the Drew Carey thing.....never been a big fan of his. But Jon, oh dear Jon...that's a different story.
I must say, I'm really enjoying Stephen Colbert too.....it's like 1 full hour of hilarious bliss.
(sigh) I miss them.....why can't they shoot on the weekends too??
Post a Comment