Wow......what a fabulous past few days! We spent the last part of Grammy and Papa Floyd's visit up in the snow. A friend of mine let us borrow her condo so we could really enjoy our time and keep the kids warm at the same time.
First things first......we had to give Kellyn a little "sledding preview" on the sheet of ice right outside the condo. She didn't really know what to think about it but held on none-the-less!
Once we were all unpacked (which is quite the venture with 2 toddlers AND 2 dogs), Grammy stayed in with Kaitlin while the rest of us took a stroll in the neighborhood to check out all the awesome scenery. It was close to sunset which made it even more beautiful! And Kellyn being the "big girl" she is.......she just HAD to walk Xena by herself. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen and am SO glad I could catch a brief moment on film. Something about kids in snowsuits that is just adorable. Reminds me of the stay-puffed marshmallow guy from Ghostbusters.
Later that night after the girls were fast asleep, we broke out the games. Floyd actually won at something other than Rook!!! WAY TO GO FLOYD!!! Ignore Jim's inappropriate sign language. He THOUGHT he was being funny!! :-0The following morning it was off to see "The Mushers". My mom and Floyd dug deep into their adventurous side and went on a dog sled ride. It was SOOOO funny seeing them all packed into their sled while all the VERY excited dogs were geared up ready to go. They had SUCH a blast and all Kellyn could say was "Where's Mushers" while we waited for them in the hotel lobby by the fire. So cute!
After we got home and warmed up with tomato soup and grilled cheese, Jim and I were off to enjoy an afternoon of skiing/snowboarding while the grandparents watched the girls. THANK YOU GRAMMY AND PAPA!!!
The condo was right at the base of the ski hill and since it was mid-week we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was AWESOME!! I decided no more snowboarding for me and I went back to my trustee skis...........something I know I can do. But Jim gave it another shot. By the end of the afternoon, we were cold, tired and sore.........but had SOOOO MUCH FUN getting to that point! We realized we are out of shape and need to start utilizing what awesome ski slopes we have so close to us. Can't wait to get the girls out there with us!!!
Our last day there, Grammy stayed inside with Kaitlin while she napped and Floyd, Jim, Kellyn and I (and the pups of course) trekked deep into the woods through knee deep snow in search for the perfect sled hill.....and we found it!
Right before leaving, we took the opportunity to take some shots off the porch that Jim and I struggled to shovel clean of snow! Like I said....perfect weather.....perfect company....SO MUCH FUN!!
We were SO SAD to say our goodbye's to Grammy and Papa this morning and hope they will get out here more often...............maybe perhaps............move out here?? C'mon!!! ;-)
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Snow Days
Posted by
Cheryl the Hagmeister
at
12:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So jealous of your fun! The snow is beautiful!
Post a Comment