Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Farväl Vän

Which technically means "Farewell Friend" in Swedish. At least, that's what I HOPE it means!! I used an on-line translator so who knows what this means!!






Regardless, tonight was bittersweet. Ashley, our very dear babysitter has been accepted as a foreign exchange student in Sweden and tonight was her last night here with the girls. As excited as I am so see her pursue such and awesome opportunity, I'm SO sad to see her leave and we will miss her SOOO much!!

Granted, most of the time she's here entertaining the pups while the girls are sleeping, but on those rare occasions that we have her babysit while the girls are awake, Ashley is all over those kids....at the art table creating "magic" as I like to call it since she definitely has the art gene that totally passed me by! She treats Kellyn to extra books and playtime in the kitchen and even snaps photos of all of them together having fun for me to see when I get home from whatever it is I'm doing. She's been such a blessing to us and we already can't wait for her return! ;-)




As you can see, Chase has become quite attached to his "friend"




Be safe Ashley, make lots of memories, take TONS of pictures and COME HOME!!! We will miss you!!!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, that is so hard to say goodbye to an awesome babysitter. And, what a pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

Awe....I can't believe I made it into your blog! That's so sweet :D I'm gonna miss you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday - and seeing the girls AWAKE! haha. Love you all!

Natalie said...

A bittersweet parting!

And, so cool with the grammar markings!