Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today.......

.....is a very special day!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Granted, I'm working......but that doesn't damper the spirits. Jim and the girls came to see me at work and we all had a little "Thanksgiving Potluck" together. It was really nice. Too much food of course, but that's ALWAYS ok by me!

Here are a few things that make me thankful:

1. Kellyn and Kaitlin of course - MAJOR source of inspiration. During my pregnancy, all I ever prayed for was good health, and God was gracious enough to give me just that. 2 beautiful healthy little girls that keep me on my toes. I love that the first thing Kellyn wants to do when she wakes up in the morning is see Chase and Xena - and fill their bowls with food. She goes running into the garage and opens their food bin, just waiting for me to hand her their bowls. Chase and Xena love her for that too!!! :-) And I love how Kaitlin will look for me from across the room, and as soon as we make eye contact.....she's all smiles!! That's all it takes. Just a smile.

2. Jim - he truly is my ROCK, my foundation, my strength. Yes, he can also be a source of frustration too sometimes, but I have no doubt I frustrate him too (probably more). But I've never felt such peace like I have when I snuggle up close to him at night, and even in his groggy stupor, he still finds the strength and energy to roll over and wrap his arms around me.

3. My family - the whole shebang!! I love them all. Quirks and everything! From my nieces and nephews to my grandparents - life w/out them would be unimaginable.

4. My friends - really, they ARE part of my family so see above.

5. My pups - I know, it's lame........but no matter day or night, good mood or bad.....they are always there!!! Following me around, leaving me alone if I just need my "quiet time" or snuggling up next to me if I just need a friend. They are the whole package!!! Plus, they are the household watchdogs and keep us safer than any well armed security detail ever could!!

6. My job (and Jim's job)- Seems weird to be thankful for a job but in this day and age I feel very fortunate that we not only both have one, but good ones. Jobs that fulfill and challenge us, along with providing for our family. Jobs that are flexible enough to allow us to be home with our kids so that they can be raised by their parents and nobody else!

7. Freedom. My heart aches for those families torn apart by war. Either they have lost a friend, father, brother, mother, sister, daughter or son......whether due to death or separation by thousands of miles.....families are torn apart. I'm not making a political point, I don't have enough knowledge to do that. But I have full adoration and respect for these men and women and more than anything.......I have complete and total appreciation for the dedication they have made to our country; The best country in the world.

No comments: