Saturday, November 17, 2007

Let me pick your brain......or should I say nose?

There are some things in life that just happen......no starting point, no ending point, no reason. They just happen.

FOR EXAMPLE: A child who picks their nose

Why does this happen? Especially to MY child!!! Seems as though every time I glance in Kellyn's direction, she has that perfect sized index finger jammed up her sniffer. Where did she learn this? More importantly....DID she learn this? I would understand if she was in school/daycare and saw other kids doing it......but she's with me all day every day and I'm 100% positive she didn't get that nasty little habit from me.

We all just assume that nose picking is un-ethical and down right gross, but maybe the big guy upstairs made that finger (and nostril) that size for a reason. Perhaps this is truly the SOLE purpose of that tiny little digit and we as a society have turned it's primary function into a disgraceful display of poor hygiene.

That's what I would like to think.

Come to think of it......she has been spending a lot of time with her father. Hmmmm...... ;-)

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

You're so funny. You know that I enjoy good bathroom humor.

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Oh yes Angela, I'm VERY aware of your "affinity" for bathroom humor!

Where do you think I got it from?