Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Paul!!!

Paul.......where do I begin?

First, let me just say this. I've just spent the last hour scouring through my old photos to find a little visual "tribute" I could post for you and so sad to say (but not unexpected if you know Paul).......every picture just wasn't what I would consider suitable (if that's the right word) for a family blog.

And if I know Paul, then I have NO DOUBT this will make him EXTREMELY proud!!! :-)

If any of you know or have met Paul, I'm sure that experience was either totally enjoyable or totally offending. Either one wouldn't surprise me a bit!

Paul has been one of those friends that can literally make me laugh at any time of any day. You never know what's going to come out of his mouth (literally) and I have to say.....I truly respect that in this day and age of political correctness!!

Whether he's talking about work, social or family life (his 2 daughters are a little bit older than mine but the same age apart).....he always has a fresh "spin" on things and I miss him terribly. I miss our impromptu lunches, our 3 hour coffee breaks (yes....he has the cushiest job) and our hours we spent gabbing (that's code for gossiping) about everyone we know over a frosty beverage. Ahhh....those were the days!

He's quite the impressionist (and VERY creative) and he continues to leave the funniest voice mails on my cell phone. I actually remember putting them on speaker phone at my last job and me and my girlfriends would just sit their and laugh our heads off. Even though they had never met him, they got what makes Paul Paul. In fact, I still get e-mails from some of them saying how much they miss listening to his voice mails together at work. It would be the highlight of our day.

We became friends on a fluke. A mutual friend introduced us and that's all she wrote. It was instant and lasting! Even Jim has grown fond of Paul and his antics. We'll both just shake our heads and say "that's Paul". In fact....I'm shaking my head right now as I write this!

Paul, I hope your day is memorable and people remind you every minute how old you are....you geezer you! ;-)

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Definitely an interesting fellow!

Happy birthday!