Poopie.......that's our little Kellyn. It just takes my breath away when I think about my little girl turning 2 years old today. Granted, I always dreamed we would end up with just the most adorable nickname for our kids, but somehow we landed on "poopie" and it just stuck. It stuck so well in fact, that Kaitlin has assumed the roll of "poopie 2". (sigh).....I hope these don't haunt them forever.
Jim and I on our way to the hospital to start the induction. I look at this picture now and think "man.....those 2 people right there are clueless".
:-)
This time 2 years ago, I was getting the best sleep of my entire pregnancy (THANK YOU EPIDURAL) not really understanding what love and joy was ahead of me. I guess that would describe a majority of my "pre-children" days. Granted, I'm not going to lie.......I loved life. I loved being single (no offense Jim), I loved being childless, I loved life. Took every opportunity to hang out with friends, travel and just enjoy every day possible. Some days were better than others, that's for sure....but all in all, things couldn't get better. At least that's what I thought.
With the vast amount of books available these days, it's hard NOT to be prepared for motherhood. The sleepless nights, breastfeeding challenges, teething, etc.....it's all just a part of "the job". What I WASN'T prepared for was what would develop over the next 2 years. The tender moments that can't be explained in a book (or in words for that matter). Times when I would just look at her and think "I hope in 30 years, I can remember every detail about this moment - the smell of her hair, the sound of her voice, the shape of her smile, the temperature of the room, every little detail".
Some of those moments weren't necessarily storybook like, but there was something special about them that made me love her, and understand her even more. She's becoming her own little person and the evolution is just amazing to me. I LOVE IT!! There are frustrating times, temper tantrums, miscommunication, stubborn selfish toddler behavior. But that all seems to dissipate the moment she comes to us with only the sincere reason to just give us a hug. She needs us as much as we need her - and considering the independent woman I've always been, this is quite the change for me.
And change is good!!!
We love you SO VERY MUCH poopie and you'll always be our little girl - and I swore I would never say that to my kid!

4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU KELLYN! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH..... AUNT ANGIE, HALEY AND HUNTER
Happy Birthday Kellyn and Daddy!!
Grampa and I wish we were there to celebrate with you. We love you!!!
Love, Grammie and Grampa
What a sweet post, Little Momma!
Can you believe what nicknames stick? Certainly didn't think I would have a sweet "Gools." I refuse to spell it G-h-o-u-l-s.
Happy birthday, Kellyn!
Gools is just perfect, in more ways than one!!
30 years from now, Juliet and Kellyn can get together and gab about how their mothers destroyed their lives with such awful nicknames.
Oh yeah.....I'm looking forward to that!! :-)
Post a Comment