Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oopsy Daisy :-(

In classic Cheryl form.....I did something really stupid today (and quite freightening actually).

Let me start off by saying I've been battling some nasty GI bug for the past 24 hours......and as Jim so eloquently calls it.....I've been suffering from the "hershey squirts". I've literally been on the commode for a full day so needless to say, this morning I was wasted! So when Kellyn woke up this morning calling out for Mommy, I was slow moving to get up there.

In my completely dehydrated state, I got her out of her crib and we started downstairs........I couldn't WAIT to get back in the vertical position and throw on some cartoons for her. But when I got to the bottom of the stairs, I realized I wasn't going to make it into the bedroom. Totally lightheaded, I sat down on the last stair and watched as Kellyn greeted Chase and Xena with her typical morning exhuberance.

And that folks.......is the last thing I remembered!

Next thing I knew......I was face down in the living room..............Chase and Xena licking my face with Kellyn sitting next to me rubbing my back and while whispering Mommy in her sweet voice. I was there for probably 10 to 15 minutes. FREAKY!!

Being the big girl that she is, she got mom the phone so I could call Jim and tell him to come home from work ASAP.

I was able to crawl (literally) into the bedroom and hoist Kellyn up in bed with me. I curled up in a ball while she enjoyed an episode of Wonder Pets......all the while having a horrible "shooey" diaper that I KNOW she wanted out of but knew I didn't feel well enough to change.

Thank the heavens on high Kaitlin was still fast asleep upstairs in her crib and I wasn't carrying her down the stairs in my arms. I don't even want to think about that!!

Bottom line........I spent all morning in the ER finding out that I have multiple facial fractures on the right side of my face (including my orbital socket) along with blood in my right ear. Grrr........

They set me up immediately with an opthamologist to make sure my eyes were OK (which they were despite the fractures around them that he says needs fixed by an ENT specialist - UGH) and tomorrow I'm up against a plastic surgeon who already has surgery scheduled after seeing my CT scans. Luckily, my mandible area (jawbone) was OK.......most damage is in the zygomatic bone (cheek bone).

Cheryl doesn't do anything at 50% right?? Even when it comes to messing up......I do it at 100% and then some!

Although I don't have a vain bone in my body (much less my face apparently).....keep us in your thoughts tomorrow that I....

1. come out of this
2. don't come out looking like Frankenstein's Daughter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHHHH CHERYL!!!!! So sorry to hear about that incident! How scary- such a brave little girl that Kellyn watching over mommy!! Take good care of yourself & send us the gory "face-lift" pics! Lots of love & thoughts your way....

Anonymous said...

I was so worried about you yesterday and so far away not able to do a thing!!, please keep me posted! Kellyn is a big girl!! I love you and send thoughts and prayers!!!

Angie

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Thanks ladies......hope the pictures are gory enough for you!! :-)

Natalie said...

I can't believe this! And, you've been commenting on my blog! Youre so tough!