Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day to ME!! :-) (and YOU!!!)


To be completely honest......today was really just another day. HOWEVER, it was a little different in the sense that I truly cherished every little moment with my 2 angels. There was one point in the morning while we 3 girls were playing in their "kitchen" and Kellyn came over to just give me a random hug and sit in my lap...........I couldn't get enough of her smell. While she sat there and played with her toys, I just sniffed her hair, neck, ears, etc........wishing I could capture that in a bottle to enjoy for the rest of my life!



While making lunch, the girls gathered at their favorite spot in the house (I have NO idea why Kellyn is wearing her snow cap - WHATEVER) so they could have their afternoon conversation with Chase and Xena.






And to not be pushed to the sidelines.......Kaitlin took a HUGE leap of faith and finally let go of the furniture and just went for it. She's a great crawler, an awesome cruiser, and incredible cart pusher......but when it comes to solo walking.......she just hasn't been all that interested....until today! I think she just made her mind up and TOOK OFF!!! Even if it meant face planting, she just couldn't stop....and she was having SO much fun!





During a quick game of hide-n-seek, I just had to capture Kellyn and her very "secretive" hiding spot. How funny is that?












Despite spending the day doing laundry, dishes, lunches, naps, diapers, potty breaks, outside playtime, books books and more books........it really was a great day. On a whim, Chris/Lisa and boys came up for Enchiladas and then we all (mutts included) headed to the lake for a quick outdoor break.














Merrick cracking us up with his newly invented way of crawling. Guess he wasn't a big fan on that sand on his knees. :-)

















I could kiss this girl ALL day EVERY day!










Xena after rolling in the dirt. Grody or not.......LOVE this girl. She was my first baby girl!!









Here's Lisa and I........relishing (kindof) in the fact that neither of us had showered today and were greasy gross. True motherhood, right?












This is a mom in her glory......with ALL her kids (minus Jim).





On top of that, Jim gave me a set of new knives I've been wanting FOREVER. Finally, I can cut and dice (hopefully not my fingers) w/out the frustration of dull blades. YEAH!

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Beautiful photos...thank goodness I couldn't smell showerless you. :)

You are definitely blessed. Such lovely young ladies.