It's quite ironic that my step-mother and step-father just about share a birthday! Grand Jan (as the kids have named her) celebrated her "29th" birthday yesterday and Papa Floyd (kids, once again) strangely enough, celebrated HIS "29th" birthday today. Unfortunately, they are both so far away that we really can't spoil them properly, however, we want them both to know how much we love them and wish them many more!! You can never turn 29 enough, right? :-)
Here are some of my favorite pics of Grand Jan. She is the type of person that can walk into a coffee shop and come out 30 minutes later knowing the life story of every patron there. She has the almost extinct ability to actually listen and genuinely care about what people have to say!!! Grand Jan, you've been such a colorful person in our rainbow of life.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Now Floyd.......Floyd Floyd Floyd. For any of you that have ever met the "one and only", then you know what I mean by "one and only". It's truly a love/hate relationship but luckily the love part FAR outweighs the hate part. It's almost as though life never really existed before you were in our lives. And I remember the day we met, to a "T", every last little detail. You got back from taking my mom out on a date and the first thing you said when you walked in the door is "can I take your picture" while holding your el cheapo (of course) throw away camera in your hand. So Chris and I obliged and in the back of our minds.....we were thinking "Who is this guy"???
Little did we know what was in store for us. MANY MANY years of fun, laughter, frustration and learning. You've taught me SO much about life and now I look forward to passing your "wisdom" down to my kiddos. From mopping out your basements (and getting rid of all the frogs), to painting mailboxes, to mowing your yard with that "state of the art" tractor of yours.......there has been lots of fun times amidst all that work. Thank you Floyd for making our life complete and for bringing all the thing that make Floyd Floyd to the table. There truly is no substitute!!! We love you!!!
Here's some shots of some of my favorite moments: Columbus Zoo, Flying kites with Kellyn, 4-wheeling in Oregon, House boating on Lake Powell, Watching you and Mom tool around your yard in your matching his/hers scooters. SO FUNNY!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008
Happy Birthday Grand Jan and Papa Floyd!!!!
Posted by
Cheryl the Hagmeister
at
1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love how you start that out..."Floyd, Floyd, Floyd." What a guy! Totally love the boat photo with him surrounded by two young ladies--you devil, you! I am thankful that I have had the pleasure of spending time with him. I even got a nickname! Snow.
Jan and Floyd, hope your birthdays were fun!
Post a Comment