Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Bonanza

Let me warn you now.....you might want to grab some popcorn and a drink b/c this post is going to be packed full of pictures and fun! WOW...............what day!


We were invited to some friends home for an Easter Brunch Celebration. They live outside of Napa in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Their home and land is like a piece of heaven......situated on top of a hill with a stream and natural pond. They are also located very near to an itty bitty private airport so we were lucky enough to see some small planes take off and land. Kellyn was in HEAVEN with that!


The weather couldn't have been better.........not a cloud in the sky and in the upper 70's. WOW!!


Kaitlin enjoyed stretching out her legs (and toes) in the fresh grass after the 2 1/2 hour trip. I just LOOOOVE the little "wings" of hair she has over both ears. Is that not the cutest baby EVER!!! (minus Kellyn of course) :-)







Our afternoon started off with a very warm welcome speech along with an adorable display of "He Is Risen" by all the children. The older kids read a small Easter passage from the bible and we ended in an ever so appropriate prayer. Kellyn did SO good holding her sign.......she never moved an inch. Perhaps it was shell shock.....either way, I was proud!




Afterwards, we delved into an absolutely amazing brunch where the kids had their own table with little place cards and everything. All of the decorations were hand made by our fabulous and creative hostess Carol. She's a proud grandma of 4 and has a fabulous way of creating a fairy tale like setting!






After Brunch, Kellyn couldn't WAIT to get down to the pond and throw rocks in the water. I swear, she's a boy in a girls suit. No matter how cute I get her dressed up, all she wants to do is get dirty!! Regardless........to the pond we went! Kaitlin sat happily on the sand.....eating fistfuls of it when I would look away. Little sneaker!



Once all the stones were officially in the pond, we headed back up to the house to start the Easter Egg Hunt. With bucket in hand, Kellyn took off in full force. She made last year look like a training exercise. Within minutes, she had her bucket full of goodies an was ready to dig in! As Kellyn opened eggs chocked full of little toys and candy, poor Kaitlin got the empty rejects. Just doesn't seem fair does it? However, she had more fun than could be imagined.....empty eggs or not!



Once all the eggs were found, we headed to the front of the house for the Easter Parade. Oh yeah, you heard me right. Carol planned a whole parade involving all the kids.....music and all! There was everything from a banner, to "firemen", to kids on tractors and scooters. It was the coolest thing I've seen. Kellyn and her long time friend Charlie (who I used to babysit prior to Kaitlin's arrival) were designated flag holder and were pulled around in a wagon. It's almost as if they were made for parade life!! And bringing up the rear was our designated "big kid" Rick who somehow squeezed his 6+ foot ALL LEG body into this toy fire engine only to be pushed around by his father in law (and Host). Way to end the show!




And as if this wasn't enough.......guess who showed up next?? The EASTER BUNNY!! I was afraid Kellyn would run in the other direction like she did with Santa Clause but oh no....she fell instantly in love with that big furry creature. Perhaps it's the big chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies he was handing out that won her heart. Unfortunately, his antics didn't work with Charlie......oh boy....she did NOT like the Easter Bunny!!! She was so funny....too cute!






By the end of the afternoon......the girls were WIPED OUT!! As we made our trek back, Kaitlin fell asleep before we got out of the driveway. Different story for Kellyn who somehow made it all the way home wide awake. And I was even playing classical music!!! I don't know how she does it. Too bad she couldn't drive........I would have LOOOVED a nap! :-) Soon enough, right?

Once home, we let the girls delve into their Easter packages from both of their Grandparents. Lucky girls! They got all kinds of cool stuff and it's all sitting at the bottom of the stair to play with first thing in the morning.









As you can guess.......they are sleeping HARD right now. They were SO very ready for bed (and so were we) but it was a day WELL WORTH it. What a fabulous way to spend an Easter!

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Holy Cow! Now that is how to have a Easter hunt! The girls are so lovely in their Easter frocks. Kaitlin's hair is getting so thick and beautiful--Kellyn, too.

Anonymous said...

Jim can really toss a kid! Any higher and she'd need a parachute. Reminds me when my bio-dad would toss me high in the air and I'd get such a thrill during the free fall. Then I'd come crashing down to reality to the smell of alcohol on his breath and later the smell of marijuana being passed around the thanksgiving table - good times.

Happy Easter everyone!

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

HA HA HA!!! Randee, you kill me! Reminds me of that that show News Radio with Phil Hartman.......he did this whole "good times" part that sounded a lot like your past life!!

What a great way to end my evening....THANK YOU!!!

Natalie said...

I love these pictures! They are so precious around the table!