Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy 4th of July?

I know........I'm late again! Don't remind me.......it's just been one of those weeks!!!!


So, for the 4th we took the girls to the local rodeo and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Our original plans were to meet some friends of our there to watch their boy participate in the "muttin busting". This is where kids (3-6 years old) are placed on sheep and told to hold on for dear life. The kid who "rides" the sheep the longest wins!!! It's quite hilarious. Unfortunately, their son got sick days before the rodeo and was not able to participate. Hopefully next year.....and maybe, JUST MAYBE Kellyn will join him in the fun. We'll see!

The coolest part of the night involved the opening ceremony where a guy jumps out of an airplane above the arena and once his parachute deploys, he extends this crazy huge American Flag behind him.

Somehow, this guy navigated his way INTO the stadium........all the while, Lee Greenwood is blaring through the speakers. I've never been more proud to be an American, and there were many tears streaming down my face to prove it!!!








What even added to the "coolness" was as soon as this skydivers flag got into the arena, there were people running and grabbing that flag to keep it off the dirty ground and put it on display so that we could all give it the proper salute that it deserved.






As we all covered our hearts and sang the national anthem, I looked at my family and said many silent prayers of love and appreciation for those families that are missing the heroes of our country. Although their sacrifice is something that has a lasting legacy, I'm sure the void they have left in their family is felt every minute of every hour of every day.


Kellyn has talked about this "guy that jumps out of the airplane" every day since then. My mom flew in today from Ohio and Kellyn asked if she was going to jump out of her airplane too. I think we may have a skydiver on our hands!!!! :-O



I thought the girls would enjoy the rodeo but I never imagined in a million years just how much. Kellyn didn't stop dancing the entire time and Kaitlin LOOOVED all the food (don't we all?). The show ended with a fireworks that both girls just in awe about.

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, those girls dancing together is SO CUTE! Juliet needs a sister. :(

Sounds like you will not only have a skydiver on your hands but a rootin-tootin skydiver! Kellyn totally rocks the pink cowboy hat!

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

She has to wear that stinking cowboy hat all the time now. Luckily it's cute!!!

And yes.......Juliet DOES need a sister!!! Kellyn and Kaitlin will be "stand ins" for the next 80+ years if that's ok!!! :-)