Wow.......all I can say is WOW!
The past few weeks have really been a crazy fog. Between my face mash and our trip to Rhode Island, where's the time to breathe?
Well, you've all obviously noticed that my "blog time" has taken a total backseat. SORRY!!! And while I had grandiose ideas of catching everyone up on our SPECTACULAR trip back east.....i'm just exhausted! I have however, all our pictures and videos have been uploaded on our smugmug account so I'm going to take the easy way out and let you guys check them out there. Just click HERE to go directly to the trips pics. I even updated my smugmug to include videos so the whole she-bang is there!
Although we packed our trip with visits to the zoo, aquarium, local parks, yummy ice cream places, and family time..........my all time favorite (and the girls too) was our time at the beach. Kellyn couldn't get enough of having her feet in the sand (you HAVE to check out the video of her walking on the sand - SO CUTE) and racing daddy in the ICE COLD water! She just giggled uncontrollably the entire time!
Of course, one of the major highlights of our trip was meeting the newest member of our family. Cousin Alex (Jim's brother Kevin and his wife Joanna's son) who is now 3 months old. He's just ADORABLE and we had so much fun loving on that little man.......nothing better than a little baby in your arms!! On top of that, little cousin Brian (Jim's sister Karen's youngest son) turned 4 years old while we were there so we were able to celebrate with him the proper way! With cake!!! Kell and Kait had SOOO much fun getting to know all of their cousins: Alex, Brian, Billy and Lizzy.......although there were some age differences, they all got along SO well!
Another one of the more memorable moments was night # 2. Jim's mom (Beverly) had the girls cribs set up in the same room together. They've never slept in the same room together (although we've been discussing the idea of bunking them up for a while) and we thought it would be a great time to give it a test drive. Night # 1 wasn't a big deal b/c they were both SOO exhausted from traveling that they crashed as soon as they hit the sheets. It was night # 2 that was complete entertainments. After putting them to bed, we all had the joy of listening to those 2 girls through the monitor for the next 3.5 hours!!!
They were just giggling, gabbing, singing and constantly waking each other up. As soon as one would get quiet.....you would hear the other one say "Hey". It was TOTALLY cracking us up that we couldn't bring ourselves to spoil their fun. Granted, the next day we promptly moved Kait's crib into our room!!!
It was a really great trip.......we had SO much fun and are looking forward to the next one. But like Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz......there's no place like home. We were all so excited to see 2 VERY happy pups greet us at the door when we got home. Despite being wiped out from the 13 hours of travel time, we still made time to snuggle, pet and get all goo-goo with Chase and Xena. Wish it were easier to travel with the ENTIRE family! Oh well.......
As for my face......it's still there and healing great! I can now chew with both sides and completely brush my teeth with no restrictions! And just 2 nights ago I was able to sleep on that side. HOORAY! Thank you all for continuously checking in........I have the greatest friends EVER!
Ok, I know this a seriously lame way to post about our trip but I'm just zonked and need sleep.....not to mention the piles of piles I have to sort out tomorrow. Mail, laundry, food, dog poop, tall grass, and back to work!! Fun and games are over folks! :-)
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Whirlwind
Posted by
Cheryl the Hagmeister
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment