And NO........I'm not making and April Fools joke. My poor mother has had her fair share of jokes over the past "29" years.....most of them SHE was making!!
I remember all those years living in Texas and she would wake us up every April 1st with the exciting news that snow was on the ground and my brother and I would go running hysterically to the windows only to see the same dead grass that was there the day before. EVERY stinking time!!! You would think we would learn!
Regardless, this day has always been YOUR day Mom! And I hope each year it just gets more special and more enjoyable because YOU DESERVE IT!!!
Someone call the Fire Department b/c this woman in ON FIRE!!! What a hottie! (OK....sorry for being corny)
Going to a school function with one of her first "boyfriends". She's only 18 in this picture...amazing how different an 18 year old looked back then compared to prom girls these days. This woman has CLASS!!!
I realize now more than ever the love you were talking about when we were growing up. And despite the fact that in my teenage years I swore I would never be like "my mother", I find myself more and more like you every single day........and it makes me very proud!!!

You're the perfect example of unconditional love, compassion, a healthy sense of humor, determination, Independence, and inner strength.......lessons that could never be learned from a book!
I love you mom!!! YOU ROCK and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


1 comment:
Happy birthday, Mom! I second that, too: You rock!
Post a Comment