Now THAT'S a way to spend a weekend.
1st of all......we had SO much fun doing a whole lotta nothing!!!! Bodega Bay is gorgeous but VERY windy and VERY VERY cold this time of year. So we considered this our opportunity to sleep, eat, play games, watch movies, and just chit chat while in our PJ's, sitting by the fire, looking at the gorgeous scenery through the windows of our very cozy and warm rental house. I'm telling you........it was G-R-E-A-T!
And to add the to the relaxation, there was no cell service there so we had NO choice but to leave our lives behind and just escape "reality" for a few days. Blessings in disguise, right?
I might as well go ahead and start with the pictures b/c despite the fact that we really did very little (LOVE THAT), I have a lot of really cute pics. Granted, most of them are of us unshowered, totally windblown and completely bloated with yummy snack food but OH WELL!!!
Upon arriving on Friday, we did however, manage to make it out of the house somewhat showered and dressed up for a fabulous dinner at a local restaurant that overlooked the bay.From Left to Right: Me (of course), Donna (co-worker), Debra (mother of the bride), Drea (trackstar), Mishelle (BRIDE - YEAH!!), Erin (fellow bootcamper), Nichole (trip organizer).
Donna, Mishelle and I - yeah - we usually look this good at work too!! :-)
Now THIS is more like it
Our arrival day just so happened to be Nichole's 28th birthday so we surprised her with a yummy fruit tart from some awesome bakery back home. Ahhh....to be 28 again! Lucky girl!!!
Once safely in our PJ's, we presented Mishelle with a fun array of "bachelorette" gift, most x-rated but OH SO FUN to buy and give away. Hopefully in a few weeks, she can put some of those fun gifts to use!! Just so happened that one of her gifts came in a gift back that was the torso of a very in shape man sporting a "banana hammock" (a.k.a. bikini). That bag sat there all weekend just staring at us. Guess it wasn't a COMPLETE girls weekend after all!!! :-)
Saturday, we started to feel like complete sloths, so we decided to brave the fierce cold and wind and take a leisurely walk to the beach.Isn't Mishelle so cute?
Ok, we were all a bit crazy with the cameras
This is what we were taking pictures of......home sweet home
This was the view from our living room/dining room windows. SUBLIME
These are the windows that have that view!
Erin and Mishelle taking "toe shots" on the way back. Crazy girls!
WOW!! I think we were hoping it would be more than it was, but it ended up being the quickest walk ever. I felt like a weather guy broadcasting from the coast of Florida during a major hurricane! CRAZY! Here's a taste of what I'm talking about! HOLD ON!Can you hear me now? How about now? Now??? HELLO???
All worn out and ravenously starving from our MAJOR outdoor adventure, Mishelle's mom treated us to a gourmet meal that was SOO yummy!
And cheers to the leading lady!
With bellies full, we thought it would be a GREAT time to get in our bathing suits and hit the hot tub. Seriously........HOT (107 degrees). It felt SOOOO good after all the stress we had been dealing with the past 24 hours. :-) Why is pampering so much fun?
We finished off our night with some friendly competition on the game front. Once our brains were fried, we all "assumed the position" and just collapsed in front of the TV for some good ol' chick flicks! YEAH!
Sadly enough, our weekend came to a screeching halt all to soon. After a yummy breakfast we packed up the cars and headed back home, making a quick stop at Bodega Head which I found out after I got home, is the premier place (and time) to whale watch as they migrate south (only twice a year). I guess that explains those people that were out there with jackets that read "Whale Watchers" on the back. Hmmmmm.........DUH!Here we are about to blow away. LITERALLY
Talk about the windblown look.....made all that hair product I brought seem silly.
The weekend was so very fabulous. Wonderful friends, wonderful food, wonderful location......just WONDERFUL! But I was SOOOOO glad to see my 2 little toe heads with ear to ear smiles as they pulled into the drive way to pick me up. I couldn't stop hugging and kissing them!!! They had so much fun with their daddy though and I'm sure this weekend is one that Jim will always remember too.........very fondly.
Thank you ladies for all the memories and we can't wait to watch you "seal the deal" in a few weeks Mishelle!!!! :-)

2 comments:
JEALOUS!
Glad you had so much fun and time to RELAX!
I won't even begin to tell you about the time I had a buff dude in a banana hammock staring at me all weekend. Crazy times.
Angela.......you dirty little girl!! I always knew you were a speedo freak! :-)
Post a Comment