Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday Bash



Boy......today was truly all about Kaitlin! We spent the first part of the day getting pictures taken (don't worry....you'll see them eventually), having lunch, taking the girls for the ever so popular carousel ride and then ending our early afternoon with Jamba Juice, which is like crack cocaine to my kids! It was an awesome morning.

During their afternoon naps, I through together a bunch of food for a little impromptu part-ay at the park this afternoon. We were joined by Grand Jan & Papa Duck, Lisa/Matt/Tryg/Merrick, our friends Tait and Tatyana, Cheryl (with kids Rowan and Charlie) and Gina (with boys Nick and Max). It was absolutely perfect weather and with the awesome company.......it turned out to be a fabulous little celebration for our sweet little "baby".
Earlier this week, I was starting to feel REALLY guilty with how unprepared I was for Kaitlin's 1st b-day. For Kellyn, I threw a big shin-dig, handmade invitation, had little gift bags for all the kids, yadda yadda yadda. For Kaitlin...........NOTHING!! I didn't even know what we were going to do until Thursday afternoon....and even then, it was still up in the air. I hadn't even really invited anyone much less even get her a present until today (HELLO???? BAD CHERYL). Luckily, everything just lined up perfectly and it worked out.

Regardless, we were going to celebrate little Kaitlin's big day even if it was just Jim, Kellyn and Me........but it sure was nice to have everyone there to celebrate with us. It's always nice to get the kids together to play all their energy out while us parents get to catch up in our ever so busy lives. We're very blessed with great friends and family!!

Here are some random shots of the party:


And then it was time for cake............oh yeah.......CAKE!!! This was definately Kaitlin's FAVORITE part. She's got this whole eating thing down to a science and it's one she is VERY good at!! You be the judge:





Needless to say......she was one VERY messy girl and although I was not planning on opening gifts there, we ended up doing it anyways so I could get her in a new outfit. Dumb me forgot to bring an extra set of clothes!!! I'm telling you......TOTALLY unprepared for today!

So once we got home, both girls went straight to the bathtub (for obvious reasons) and it was here that we as a family were able to give our FINAL Happy Birthday wishes to our sweet baby. While Jim manned the video camera, Kellyn and I struck a tune (sortof) and ended this day properly.



And as you can see, today truly was a complete success. Oh the beauty of childhood!!!


2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Man, from the looks of things you wouldn't know that "things were up in the air" the day before! How fun!

The cake--your creation? ADORABLE!

Kellyn's pigtails, AHH, SO CUTE!

Kaitlin squealing in that video, GIVE HER TO ME NOW!

That sad birthday banner missing its companion, OH THE GUILT!

I don't after that day that Kaitlin should feel slighted in the least for not having the big shindig. You are a GOOD mommy!

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

OH Angela......I'm just SO glad that you don't hate me for hanging your masterpiece on a tree by a hanger!!! I was SO embarrased by that, but that was the only way to have it on display......and you KNOW how I feel about your art!!!

And stop with the whole guilt thing......PLEASE!!!! You'll feel better once I post Kaitlin's 1 year old pictures we had taken, and you'll know why!! :-)

And THANK YOU THANK YOU for the pep talk....all us Mommy's need that affirmation every now and then, right?