Linda, Linda, Linda.........you're turning 29!! AGAIN!!! How awesome! I just wish I was there to share in a yummy piece of Irish Cream Cheesecake at Hannah's with you, and of course....lots of coffee and conversation!! Ahhh.....the good ol' times!
For those of you who don't know Linda, she's not only my "partner in crime" at the dojo, but she's my dear dear friend that I couldn't imagine life without. EVERYONE needs a Linda! I can ALWAYS count on her to make me smile, even if we are both in totally foul moods. She's devious, coniving, smart, a jokester, committed, loyal, determined, light-hearted, and completely irreplacable!
She's also an incredible mom to 3 kids and 1 grand-daughter while continuing to go school full time and work! On top of that......she's in better shape than I could EVER imagine being in!
She inspires me to be a better person and I love her for that! I can't begin to count the amount of times during class at the Dojo that Sensei Perry would just look at us, shake his head and with a faint smile say......."74 was a bad year". That was the year they allowed women to start training in the dojo!! :-)
And I even feel like this after being bitten by her in class one night. Still have the scar on my bicep to prove it. Guess she wanted to make sure I never forgot her.....leave her "mark" if you will. Well, it worked!!!
Here are a few glimpses of our friendship over the past many years. And Linda, you're welcome for not putting up pics from our night of camping. Consider that your B-day present!! HA!!
No, you aren't seeing things. That is us, holding yummy treats in the shape of a man's "treat". This was a joke we played on Jim at his graduation party. He didn't appreciate the humor like we did......nor did he eat any cookies! HA :-)




3 comments:
Okay, I had to "enlarge" that photo of you two with the "treats." You two rock the bikinis!
Happy birthday, Linda!
Oh yeah........that was OBVIOUSLY pre-kids!! :-)
Happy Birthday to Linda! Always fun when you two are around!
Angie
Post a Comment