Unfortunately, I'm at work right now so I don't have access to any of the pics I was wanting to post........HOWEVER, I just wanted to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and I promise to get pictures (and possibly a little video or 2) up on here when I get home tonight.
But just a couple things to wet your taste buds while you wait ever so patiently. Here's a short list of things learned this Christmas:
1. Kellyn absoLUTELY hates Santa Claus. The mere sight of that jolly old man and she does the "red face cry". Not great for pictures.......or is it? :-)
2. Kaitlin absoLUTELY LOOOOOVES Santa Claus. While Kellyn is welling up with the water works, Kait is just all smiles.......there were even some giggles in there too. They've already claimed their individuality.
3. On that note.......we found out just how much Kellyn hates Santa Claus. As we gathered together "his" plate of cookies and glass of milk to place next to the Christmas tree last night.........I turned away for ONE second only to turn back and see Kellyn digging in to Santa's cookies!!! And what she didn't get to eat, Chase finished off! What a team!!! Poor Santa!
4. No more military crawl for Kaitlin (Sorry Jim). This morning, after presents.....she decided today was the day and popped up on her hands and knees and took off. She was giddy and so was I.
5. Kellyn totally knows what Money is now. After opening up her gift (Pottery Barn Cash Register) from Uncle Kevin and Auntie Joanne she just ran around the house yelling out "I want money, I want money". YIKES!
6. I think it's safe to say that Kellyn definitely gets the "jist" of Christmas now. After tearing open one gift all she could do was say (and sign language) "more, more". We even let her open up our pile - which by the way........was pathetic compared to the girls. But that's OK, it's all about them now. Jim and I had so much fun just watching them. Kellyn would rip off the paper and Kaitlin would eat it. It was quite the functional "assembly line" if you ask me! :-)
7. If Kaitlin could talk.......I think the only thing coming out of her mouth would be a song and it would go something like this: "All I want for Christmas are my 2 front teeth". Poor thing....the bottom ones came in with a blink of an eye but these top ones are being OH SO STUBBORN!!!
8. And last but not least - we've really learned that Christmas time is not the time to focus on teaching your 2 year old the new concept of sharing.
That's all for now........I'm sure more will pop up when I actually can focus solely on blogging.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

2 comments:
Perhaps if you had left milk and cookies for Subordinate Clause instead then Kellyn would have been more receptive to the bearded man...sorry, I couldn't resist. *After Santa Claus polished off the sugar cookies*, he sat Cheryl down for a spelling lesson." :)
TURD!!!
This is what happens when you are blogging at work and getting interrupted every 30 seconds.
I fixed it!!!!
Boy, Mrs. Taylor sure did get her money's worth with you! ;-)
Post a Comment