
Krista has become not only a good friend, but she's been one of the intricate people (along with Kim) in getting my post baby NASTY body back in shape. I've met so many amazing and fun women in their fitness classes, including them. Anyhow, Krista turned an "undisclosed age" on Monday and she fulfilled her dream of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!
And somehow, she convinced a handful of other women (and one man) to join her on her escapade. With Kellyn and Kaitlin in tow, I drove down and joined the festivities. Considering I've already skydived twice AND I had the girls by myself.....we were just spectators for the big event. It was fun to relive the hodgepodge of emotions through these ladies.
The skydiving place was this MASSIVE warehouse with more couches (and not very nice ones I must add) then a furniture store. They were literally everywhere........along with a bunch of old tv's and vcr's (yes, you heard me right........vcr's)!!! :-) Regardless, the weather was perfect and these ladies were ready to get up in the air for their much anticipated thrill ride.
Here they are signing their life away (literally) while "kindof" watching the instructional video. Everyone except Sally that is.....she was really paying attention!
This picture of Kaitlin, contentedly playing on her blanket was just too cute to pass up.
I HAD to get a shot of this "moses" looking guy on their instructional video. I hope that was intentionally funny b/c we all had the inability to take him serious!! C'mon!
For some FREAK reason, I had a VHS tape of a Baby Einstein in my car............THANK GOD!!! This literally entertained these 2 the entire day. Whew!!
Here they are, trying to mask their utter fear with exploited excitement! We can see right through you!!!! :-)

Kellyn really enjoying her video.....for the 3rd time!
Melinda showing off the very up-to-date goggles they provided.
Krista obviously excited, however, wearing her fear a little bit more on her sleeve in this pic!

Krista getting on the plane....any last words??
Sally attempting her "brave" look......not working!
Kellyn absolutely LOOOOVED watching the plane climb and climb. She couldn't understand why little flecks of human came plummeting out of it, but oh well!

Here she is asking "where'd they go" and using her hand expressions. Too cute!
Sally practicing everything she learned from "moses" in the video and assumed the perfect landing pose. Such a good student!!

I think this is more of an expression of relief than excitement, you be the judge. However, I did hear her saying she was ready to go up again!!
Here we are waiting for batch # 2 to make their way back down to solid ground.
And of course......Kaitlin found a sucker to play and cuddle her close. She sure does have a nose for a woman with a soft spot for babies!!! I'm not quite sure who was enjoying themselves more! :-)

1 comment:
I wish I had had the nerve to do that before I had kids. Maybe on my 50th.
Post a Comment