Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Angela!!!

I've got 20 more minutes to get this in on time!!! I started gathering pictures (watch out - there's A LOT) this morning but am just now getting the chance to sit down and write out my VERY WELL wishes to my fabulous friend Angela.

We became friends on a fluke during 7th grade and I can honestly say, I've never met 2 people who could be more opposite than us. Maybe that was the attraction, who knows! But I think back to the many years in my past and can't imagine how empty life would be without her in it. We shared in so many hilarious moments and had our fair share of challenges too. But we stuck together and here we are....almost 20 years later! So awesome!

She's going to hate me for posting some of these pictures.......but to our defense, in MOST of them we were young and stupid! Don't those times make the best friendships? It sure did in our case!!!



I'll start off with one of our most "tame" photos - while we were visiting New York (Central Park to be exact) October of last year. Perhaps we are maturing some........maybe.....ok......not really!



Let's work our way back in time.


Hiking near Asheville in 2004









Celebrating our hard efforts at Cold Stone afterwards. YUM!










Checking out my mom's "produce" from her Garden (i think this was 95 or 96)









Borderline puking at Cedar Point









Boy did we think highly of ourselves!









This day in 1994 was FULL of adventure....too much to go into now. But needless to say, this was the start of the day. We looked MUCH worse at the end of it.





Hmmm.......interesting. Being curious at The Biltmore House












OK, let me reiterate......we were young and stupid, right?












.........Right!










Crazy good times at Hilton Head the summer of 94












What you DON'T see is the completely devoured extra large Domino's Pizza on the table beside the TV.








I'm not even going to comment on this one.....I think it speaks volumes on it's own. But truly......this night can make me laugh out loud on any given day at any given time!!






Ok.......now we're going to BLAST to the past, somewhere around 88-89


She wore these slippers ALL the time in grade school.












Getting ready to record one of our "masterpieces" I'm sure. Did we have too much time on our hands or what?










Once again.....we thought very highly of ourselves!!










VERY! :-)













I'm not quite sure why she won't wear her hair like that now??











Once again........the slippers!!!










During one of our MANY sleepovers!!! Makes me sad to think my poor friend Angela had to wake up to THAT so many mornings. SORRY!! You truly are a dear friend!!!








I hope YOUR day was fantastic and I love you!!

14 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

OH I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!! I don't think I've even seen some of those OLD 7th grade photos...at least I have blocked them out of my memory. I guess we can consider ourselves EVEN now with littering the Internet with our adolescent selves. Thank you for such a lovely salute to your wirey-moody-strange friend--but I am with you to the end. And we do need another girls' trip so I can wake up to those blonde locks again.

(photo on the Burleson house wall looks like Kell and Matt.)

angela | the painted house said...

Upon second look...I love our old TV-slash-decorative cabinet. And, who took our photo at that theater in San Antonio? Apparently we were the only ones there. Didn't we see Belle Epoque? That is why nobody else was there. I'm sure I picked out that movie.

Peggy said...

What beautiful and fun memories. I'm glad you two found this wonderful friendship. Everyone needs a Cheryl like we have!

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

I'm telling you......I had SO much fun going through pictures yesterday. It felt like a breath of fresh air!! And yes.......of course you picked out that movie but I have NO idea who took the photo. I'm thinking it was the poor defenseless theater employee cleaning the theater(hence the broom in your hand). I wonder if he still remembers us?? :-)

My mom still has those old pics of Chris and I in her house, they freak me out everytime I look at them now that we have kids. Genetics are soooo eerie!

Glad your day was awesome, wish I could have been there to share some donuts and ice cream with you!

And we all need a Peggy/Angela in our lives too. If only everyone could be that lucky!!!! :-)

Natalie said...

Happy bday Ang! What a great tribute! These photos are really making me laugh!

Anonymous said...

these pictures are so funny. Your "staged" candid photos are the funniest.

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Dee - it was ALMOST as bad as when you asked me to send you stuff for the scrap book you made her......I had pictures and letters strung out everywhere last night! So fun.

And Natalie......you just better count your lucky stars I didn't include the pictures of you from that night long ago in 7th grade. Oh.....there's plenty!!!! When's your B-day again?? :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at all the old pictures! Love the one with the inner-tube!!!

angela | the painted house said...

Nat's: apr 5. oh get ready.

angela | the painted house said...

Okay, one last look before I go to bed...that last photo just CRACKS me up every time. Who took that? Was that the night Natalie was there? Get that girl some Friz Ease!

Natalie said...

Thank you for sparing me!

It's actually Apr. 6. And, I have some pictures from that night, too...of my sister in a bathing suit with Heath! Is that the right night?

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

Prepare yourself Natalie....prepare!!

Mwaaahhhaaaaaa (if that makes sense)

;-)

angela | the painted house said...

SO SORRY Natalie...I was hoping to beat you to the comment to correct myself...it came to me in the shower last night that it is indeed the 6th! I don't know where I got the 5th. I am a moron. Can I blame it on no sleep the last few nights????

Natalie said...

No that doesn't make sense, and it scares me.

A, No worries, I thought you were making a joke!