When you travel with 2 kids under the age of 2...you're BOUND to have some bumps in the road, so we weren't at all THAT surprised when we arrived at the airport bright and early in the morning with our MASSIVE collection of luggage to find our that our flight had just been cancelled and there was not other way to get us back to NC until really late that night or first thing the next day.
*UGH*
The adventurous side of me debated on nabbing that late night flight, but thank goodness the common sence of parenthood (is that such a thing?) came over me and back to the homestead we went for another day of normal naps and a good nights sleep.
The next day, our flights were uneventful and I must say, even though Kellyn was still free to fly on our lap....I'm SOOOOOOO glad we bought the bullet and got her a seat of her own. I couldn't imagine a 20 month old sitting on our laps for 7 hours of flying while her little 4 months old sister was occupying the other lap. Just thinking of that gives me the heebie jeebies. Being in her car seat was hard enough but SO much more comforting for her to have her own space. Yes, surprisingly enough.....we have a little independant one on our hands. SHOCKER!!
Arriving in Charlotte, we were immediately reminded of what humidity feels like. We turned into 1 big pile of "goo" and pretty much stayed that way for the remainder of the trip. Lucky us happened to be traveling during one of the hottest spells western NC has seen in a long time. LUCKY US!
Our first stop in NC was a few short miles from the airport so that I could have a nursing break with Kaitlin. We stopped at a Wendy's so that we could get something to drink or eat if needed. While nursing Kaitlin, Kellyn thought it would be a GREAT idea (she gets this from her daddy) to stand on the chair and bounce around. Of course, off she goes landing on the table on the way down creating her first warwound of the trip. A nice big shiner on the left eye. So for the remainder of the trip...she looks like a child that's really taken a beating..jpg)
Certainly doesn't help her appearance being only in a diaper. I knew I was in trouble when I had a girl!!
But, the trip must go on.
Our gracious hosts Mamaw Velda and Papa Jake treated us like royalty. They truly were too kind and won over the hearts of our little girls instantly..jpg)
Papa Jake and Kaitlin formed a special bond from the moment they met..jpg)
Velda kept our bellies full of yummy food and they let us consume their house with toys and dirty laundry. Despite all that, they were still sad to see us go. Crazy, huh??.jpg)
Our first feast with my sister Angie joining us. .jpg)
My fabulous niece Haley literally taking over Miss Kaitlin. Needless to say, if Haley was around...Kaitlin was in her arms.
That night after dinner, Jim decided to introduce himself to one of their dogs (Tank) the only way Jim knows how to......with a good old fashioned wresting match. Poor Tank didn't know what to think at first but quickly warmed up to Jim's playful side and couldn't wait for his "evening matches" before the visit was over..jpg)
Is that pure fear in those eyes or what? Poor little guy!! His name isn't Tank for nothing!.jpg)
It was a good start to our trip......SO FAR that is!
Stay tuned for more adventures!!!! :-)

3 comments:
Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy! Cheryl is now one of those annoying bloggers! I'm so glad! I am happy that you have joined our ranks...finally!
And, SOOOO good to see you all in GA!
poor tank, to be molested by a grown man...
I'm telling you....I've not met a dog that in Jim's presence hasn't met the same fate. But at the end of the day...they all keep coming back for more. They just love that guy! He's like a modern day Grizzy Adams but w/out all the hair on his face!!
Post a Comment