Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More of our NC Journey Part 1

The first few days of our visit were pretty low key since we were all jet lagged and off schedule. So we spent those days working on establishing somewhat of a bedtime/napping routine. We did however, manage to get away for a quick train at the dojo on Saturday morning while Velda and my sister Angie took the girls to Sabbath School. They brought the girls by the dojo after church so we could get a picture of Kaitlin with Sensei Perry.







Kaitlin with Sensei Perry














This is a picture of Sensei Perry with Kellyn back in April of last year




I'll tell you what....as much as we love California, it was REALLY awesome being back in the dojo. Everytime we went to dojo to train it was like we were going home. We sure have missed our family there!

One of Jim's best friends Scott (I like to call him "The Ladie's Man") joined us for an evening and he won over Kellyn (of course) with his charming smile and canadian accent.






I don't know if that made Jim happy or scared!! :-)













Scott and Kaitlin














After dinner Velda let Kellyn give some love the 1 of her 4 cats while Jim got acrobatic with my sweet nephew Hunter







We walked the girls (and Tank) down to the duck pond to feed the ducks but ended up just playing and splashing in the water instead. Poor ducks!









After we went to the duck pond, we walked down to the end of the street to see the house that my parents lived in when I was born. Funny thing, as I took these pictures, the little old man that lived there came out onto his front porch and started waving. Apparantly he likes his picture taken. Of course, I explained to him my interest in their home and we parted ways. On the walk back to the house, a car stopped along side us and it was the elderly couple from the house asking my name. They said that they bought that house from my dad and have lived their ever since. I'm so glad I took the time to walk down this part of memory lane.





Not much has changed since we lived there.....just looking at this brings back memories of my brother and I with our first springer spaniel, our swingset in the back, and trying to jump off the back porch with umbrella's like Mary Poppins. Amazing we ever made it to adulthood!

No comments: