Friday, August 31, 2007

Our Journey to NC Part 3

We were rounding the end of our trip and Brenda and I decided it was time to get our kiddos together at a local park for some fun. We met at 10:30am and it was already blazing hot, enough so that Kellyn kept saying "hot" when she would get on the slide. Not that it stopped her!




Here is me and the girls with Brenda and her son Lucas - he's such a ladies man



























While Kellyn and Lucas had fun on the playground, Kaitlin was observing in her carseat under a shade tree. She became quite the amusement for other kids there. Isn't it funny how children are just drawn to babies. This just touched my heart. Very sweet.






After grabbing a quick lunch with Brenda, we loaded up the girls and headed to Georgia. WHY do you ask??? It's a great question. Why would we leave the mountains in blistering hot weather to go to Georgia where it's going to be even hotter? Well, it better be for something good. And it was (of course). My friend Angela - we've been friend since the 7th grade - and her family just moved from WNC to Georgia the week before we got to NC. Not to mention she at the time of our trip to Georgie she was over 9 months pregnant with her 3rd child and was scheduled to be induced 2 days later. Sooo.....Jim and I thought it would be fun to impose on a pregnant woman who had just moved into a house who already has 2 toddlers to take care of. Aren't we nice??? But I have to say, she took it in grace and welcomed us into their lovely home with open arms. I can't believe how beautiful their home was in such the short time they've lived there. Then again, she never ceases to amaze me and the artist inside her has a way of turning anything into a work of art. Including her children Ashton and Juliet. They were SUCH pleasures to be around and were so patient with Kellyn and Kaitlin overtaking their new territory.







Here's Ashton and Juliet playing in their "pool". I'm sure that will get much use in Georgie during the summer!













Kaitlin taking it all in from the bouncy seat
















Ashton showing Kellyn how to swing with a smile


















And it worked!!!














**CAUGTH IN THE ACT** These 2 sneaky girls looked so guilty when I rounded the corner and found them playing with the buckles of the carseat. Hmmm....what lies ahead for them in the future of friendship??










Here are Angela and I with our "litter" of kids. If we have visited just 2 days later, we could have had Callan John join the picture too.








On that note, let me introduce Mr. Callan John. Born 8-23 and truly adorable. As sad as I am that we missed him, I was proud to be one of the last non-family memebers to visit him "in womb". CONGRATULATIONS!!!
















Here's Ashton thinking about his next move

















And he goes in for the kill!











On our way out of Georgia, we swung by my cousins very own frame shop. She is the best there is and I still have her do all my framing. I'm so proud of her having such an awesome talent and turning into her job all on her own. I wouldn't know the first thing about starting a business and she's made it look so easy. LOVE YOU CYNTHIA!!






Cynthia trying to "frame up" Kaitlin













One of Cynthia's dogs Piper sizing up her new customer










When we got back from Georgia, we received a visit from deas sweet Bob.....or as I've always called him, Obby-J. Bob is one of my dad's dearest friends that I've known since I was born and on top of that, hewas my first official Boss. Starting my sophomore year in highschool, I worked for him at his pharmacy. I love Bob.......EVERYBODY love Bob. He's just awesome!!







Bob with all his "girls"














Kellyn trying to walk around in Mamaw's shoes. I promise we brought this girl clothes.....seems like all her pictures are in just a diaper. I'm telling you......it was HOT!!






I couldn't get out of NC w/out having a night out to Hannah's with Linda for some coffee and their Irish Cream Pie. I miss my scottish friend SO much!!! We posed with one of the famous Hendersonville Bears.















Here's another Bear but this one has a "man cave" - that's an inside joke but sounds juicy, huh?? ;-)






No comments: