Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Retraction

I realize now, how risky it was to include our "change of address" cards that I sent out with our Christmas cards. We hadn't OFFICIALLY closed on our new house yet........but everything was lined up SO perfectly that I thought.......why not save on stamps?

STUPID MOVE ON MY PART!!!!

What I hadn't planned on was a completely incompetent appraiser that would take so long, we would fall out of escrow. What else I wasn't able to plan on, was that lurking person in the background just waiting for this to happen.......ready to pay more then what we offered in cash. Oh yeah.......these people exist and I completely LOATHE them at this point in time.

So, needless to say, we didn't get our new home. Our dream home. It was everything we wanted. Everything we've been looking for the past 1 1/2 years.

Jim and I are just heartbroken. Hopefully the girls will forget their "new bedroom" house (as Kellyn called it) so we won't have to answer the questions about why we won't be moving there. Hopefully Chase and X will stop looking at us with that question in there eyes "when do we get those 3 acres you promised?".

It's just a horrible way to start a new year.

And for those of you who know me........you know I'm a VERY POSITIVE person. I tend to always see the bright side of things, but that's pretty hard to do at this venture. And if this were anyone else, I would tell them "these things always happen for a reason", but I don't want to hear that right now. Maybe months from now, I'll agree and the reason will be clear.

But at this instance........we are just sad, ticked off, and VERY disappointed.

So please, disregard our change of address cards - we're not going anywhere for now.


But hey....on a positive note....at least we're not THIS GUY!!!

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, Cheryl and Jim! I can only imagine how disappointed you are. This completely SUCKS. I know it will take a while to undo the plans--oh, I'm so sorry!

Natalie said...

I am so sorry! What a disappointment. Let us know how you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, Jim and Family.
In the real of things, it's not like losing an arm or a leg or a child. I believe this puts it all in perspective, but I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better!
I DO believe things happen for a reason. God does have a plan!
I was so dissapointed that you wouldn't be receiving my Christmas card because I didn't know that you had moved. You know how long it takes for letters to go to one address only to belong to another.
Oh, and "Good things take time"
Sometimes longer than we want.
Anyhow, I still have your message on my cell phone Cheryl. You are right, we live so close, we must visit soon. I think of ya'll often.
I would love to hug those children.
I will be in touch. Our Family is still working on that Family sickness that I had mentioned to you. We are progressing in the right direction, I believe. I pray
alot and God is helping me to hold things together.
Love you all.
Marcia

Jacy said...

BUMMMER! There is something better out there for the Haggerty clan......to be continued.....