Of course, considering my last post....it only seemed right that my girls would be COMPLETE angels the past couple of days. Makes me think - are they secretly getting on the computer and reading my blog??
Either way, I've been relishing in my little ladies. Came home from work yesterday to find a driveway of colorful artwork. Kellyn was SOOO proud of her accomplishment (so was I since she actually spelled her name - Joelle helped with the K and Y) and couldn't wait to show it off. Kait at her heel excited as could be, perhaps no really knowing why, but excited nonetheless.
Then tonight - after a loooong day of meetings - I decided to treat my girls to dinner at In-N-Out......a California favorite. Fast food I know, but it's a treat that I like to share with my girls sometimes. They were SOOOO good and everyone sitting around us were just overwhelmed by their "cuteness".
Some days are just winners!!!
On our way home - Kellyn was telling me about her day at school ("jobs" she did and friends she played with) and she got quiet for second.
Then she looked at me and said......."Mom, I'm upset".
Concerned, I asked "Why"
She Replied "Because I'm sad"
Concerned even more.....I asked "Why"
She was quiet for a second - let out a loud sigh and replied dramatically "Because I had a big day and I'm EXHAUSTED".
I almost had to pull the car over I was laughing so hard!!!
But I don't think she was lying b/c bedtime was REALLY easy tonight......both girls fast asleep before I made it down the stairs.
But before going to bed - Kellyn insisted on checking on Doggie and Horsey which were delicately (more like stuffed) in the little play crib and covered with blankets. She rubbed their foreheads and kissed them both goodnight. Afterwards, the 3 of us gathered around and sang a lullaby (Twinkle Twinkle - and YES.....Kaitlin sang every word!) to the 2 little stuffed animals that hold such a special place in Kellyn's heart. That was a moment I'll never forget!!!
On that note - did I mention we moved them into the same room a couple of weeks ago? Oh my....that's a whole separate blog in itself!!! It's been a transition for sure but they are loving it now!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Spoke Too Soon
Posted by
Cheryl the Hagmeister
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I swear kids can totally sense when we are at our wit's end and they totally snap back to angels before sending us over the edge. But I'm sure they would be the first to admit that they like seeing us teetering on the edge--such power they have!
I'm so glad you had some good days--that is when I always feel like there is nothing better ever than being a mother. Wish you had some pics of the angels!
Post a Comment