Saturday, December 6, 2008

Now I'm in the Spirit


I was beginning to dread this holiday season. Partly due to the fact that it just didn't feel like winter. Seriously, just last weekend we were hiking in shorts and tank tops. Not to mention, I've been so consumed with work lately that December just arrived with no warning, and as you can imagine........there's been NO preparation for Christmas. No decorations, no gifts list, no Christmas cards, NOTHING!!! I'm beginning to panic.


So today was one of those days that just set it all in motion.

We started the morning with fresh berry pancakes (from yours truly) and then headed into town for a winter festival. Dad, Jan, me and the girls enjoyed street music and the talents of a local Clogging group. Kellyn studied their moves and tried to mimic them on her own while her and Kait "tore it up" on the street.


I felt sorry for the cloggers b/c my 2 little toe heads just stole the show. Amazing how much they love music. But they've been cursed with their Daddy's rhythm (LOVE YOU JIM).....luckily they are cute no matter what they're doing or how they're doing it!



Big Sister Kellyn holding Kait's hand while taking it all in




Finally the girls mustered up the courage to break off on their own......with the help of Papa Duck and Grand Jan of course!







"The ladies" in pink and red





Even Santa showed up to kick start the day. Kellyn TOTALLY knows who he is right now and she got even MORE excited (if possible) b/c THIS Santa arrived in a fire truck......her favorite thing to see on the streets! I thought she was going to burst from her skin!!!





Kaitlin wasn't too interested in getting a picture with Santa so Jan was being a good sport and proving to her it wasn't all that bad.




But obviously to Kaitlin..........it really is THAT BAD!





1 year ago Kaitlin was much more fond of Santa (a.k.a. Papa Dennis)






But in December of 2006, Kellyn had the same aversion.....must be in the genes!! Even her cousins weren't enough to sway her ideas of Santa!





After recouping with some afternoon naps, we headed into town once again for the big Holiday Lights Parade. It was COOOOOOOLD and really got us in the spirit. Tatyana joined us with little Odin snuggled against her chest to stay warm.......we never heard a peep out of that little guy. Next year he's going to REALLY start loving the parade!


Kaitlin eating (of course) a healthy snack of Cheetos's (I know.....BAD MOM!).



The girls kept Grand Jan busy with the constant "on the lap off the lap" behavior kids LOVE to do!! But overall, they were in awe of all the creative floats that sparkled with lights and decorations that just screamed out MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


When we got back to the car after the parade.....I got the girls loaded up and we started heading back home. As I pulled out of the parking lot, Kellyn sighed and said "Mom.......this was a GREAT day"!!! I just about cried it made me so happy (and sounded hilarious).


Finally......it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No comments: