Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy 4th B-Day Kellyn (and ??th for you too Jim)!!!!


I'm still having a hard time grasping the idea that I know have a precious 4 year old. While pouring over old photos, posts, etc.....it becomes even more painfully obvious that this little "baby" of mine is truly growing before our eyes.


Kellyn has blossomed into such a wonderful little lady - one that I feel so privileged not only to have conceived, but to have the opportunity to raise as well. I just wish she would slow down a bit on the whole "growing up" thing.


Tonight, after dinner – Kellyn, Kaitlin and I had a "dance off". I put the TV on the Toddler Music channel and we each took turns dancing solo's while the other 2 watched.


Kaitlin was of course, adorable and crazy Kaitlin......but Kellyn, she was just floating on air. Watching her take such joy in the music - closing her eyes and gliding to the rhythms - it just made me burst into tears and before I knew it...........I was in an all out "ugly cry" with silent facial strains and lots of snot.


When she finally came "out of the music" she looked at me and said "Mommy, why do you have tears coming out of your eyes?”. She crawled into my lap and proceeded to wipe my face dry with her precious little fingers (freshly painted thanks to Joey)………….and that just made it worst.

This little girl – my little baby……….now my amazing 4 year old is something I thank God for every minute of every day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLYN!!!
p.s. and you too Jim! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kellyn and Jim. Grampa and I wish we could be there with you to celebrate your birthdays. But we're thinking of both of you today! Have a special day! Love, Grammie and Grampa H

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kellyn and Jim!!! We love you!
Angie, Haley and Hunter

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday you two!!!! You are such a softie, Mama C. I think that is so sweet.